NationaLease Technicians Compete in TMC’s SuperTech Skills Competition
Technicians achieve best-of-the-best rankings
September 28, 2016, Downers Grove, IL — NationaLease, one of the largest full service truck leasing organizations in North America, today announced that its three “Top Techs” competed in the Technology & Maintenance Council’s SuperTech Skills Competition during the recent TMC Fall Meeting.
One hundred twenty best-of-the-best finalists competed on the last day of the event and NationaLease sponsored technicians ranked as follows:
- #47 Aaron Tucker, Hogan Truck Leasing, Inc., a NationaLease Member
- #73 Wade Murphy-Price, Airoldi Brothers NationaLease
- #81 Kory Stoudt, Aim NationaLease
In addition, Hogan Truck Leasing, a NationaLease Member, sponsored Richard Davis, who finished ninth overall.
Other NationaLease and affiliated company technicians who participated in the skills challenge include:
- Aaron Martin, Truck Centers of Arkansas
- Mike Paitz, Truck Center Companies
- David Thrower, Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
- Rob Layne, Excel Truck Group
- Aaron Brenneman, Excel Truck Group
- Bryan Rezeski, Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
- Geoff Legacy, Excel Truck Group
- Corey Tegeler, Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
- Jonathan Beeks, Truck Centers of Arkansas
- Michael Secondi, Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
- Nicholas Guhde, Truck Center Companies
- Shaun Schauer, Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
- Christopher Wolfe, Excel Truck Group
To qualify for the SuperTech competition, the NationaLease technicians have to compete in the NationaLease Tech Challenge, which begins with a written exam. The top technicians with the highest score in each of the nine regions goes on to compete in the NationaLease hands-on challenge. The top three NationaLease technicians are then sponsored by NationaLease for the TMC SuperTech competition, where they will go head-to-head with other technicians from throughout the industry.
Organized by TMC’s Professional Technician Development Committee, SuperTech 2016 showcased the high degree of skill and knowledge shown everyday by trucking industry technicians.
According to TMC, this year’s competition included an expanded qualifying round, which included not only a written test but also a series of hands-on skills challenges. Qualifying rounds were held September 19 and the hands-on skills challenge final round took place on September 20.
Technicians had to show their skills in electrical/electronics, brakes, starting and charging, tires and wheels, wheel ends, vehicle control systems, engine (hardware), engine (software), steering/suspension, PMI, drivetrain, service information, fifth wheel, and HVAC.
Founded in 1944, NationaLease is one of the largest full service truck leasing organizations in North America, with over 700 service locations throughout the U.S. and Canada and a combined customer fleet of over 135,000 tractors, trucks, and trailers.
The company provides comprehensive fleet management services for private fleets and transportation service providers. More information can be found at nationalease.com.